Monday, October 27, 2008

Big knitting

I'm now the proud owner of a pair of huge knitting needles, from wool 'n' boats
I'm completely in love with them. They come up to my shoulders and lead to several interesting conversations with strangers at the bar and bus stop last night.

My first giant knitting attempt at fabrications produced this

Its a kind of collar / wrap thingy. Ok, not sure when or where exactly I (or anyone else for that matter) would wear such a thing, but knitting with strips of fabric (in this case lace) is an absolute revelation to me.

As is casting on this way

Rather than this way


This is the sort of thing that is very exciting for my inner knitting geek.

For some big knitting inspiration, check out:
Sebastian Schönheit's massive knitted rope fabric


No comments: